Philodendron 'Moonlight' is a bright green, almost fluorescent hybrid known for its cheerful look and its ease of care. New leaves unfurl from reddish skins in chartreuse and mature into an emerald green. A bright and beneficial accent plant perfect for an east or north facing window, Moonlight and philodendrons like it are known to filter airborne toxins such as formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene.
- Moonlight thrives in a good couple hours of direct sunlight in the morning. For the rest of the day, keep it in bright indirect light. Don’t let the leaves receive too much direct sunlight, since that can burn the leaves.
- Place this plant near an east facing window. If you have south or west facing windows, place a couple of feet away from the window and/or provide shade with a sheer curtain.
- They can tolerate lower light conditions but can become leggy and produce smaller leaves.
- Philodendrons like room temperatures around 65 to 80 ºF. They should always be kept above 55 ºF.
- Though philodendrons like high humidity, they can tolerate and thrive where there is low humidity. In a dry home, especially during the winter months, Moonlight can benefit from misting with tepid water or a humidifier.
- Allow the soil to completely dry to 2 inches down between waterings. Water thoroughly when dry and let the excess drain out the bottom of the planter. Water more often during the spring and summer months. Reduce watering as often in the fall and winter months.